One Kings Lane banner ad

Friday, September 5, 2014

Maison

Watercolor painting of a large European pitched-roof building drenched in warm sunlight, circa 1930.

"Watercolor painting of a large European pitched-roof building drenched in warm sunlight, circa 1930." $249 on One Kings Lane--sorry for the broken-record effect, but I love that frikkin website! So much good stuff to look at. I haven't purchased anything from them, because hello, I am not literally a person made out of cash bills, but I enjoy browsing.

"Maison" means "house" (and other variants of the word) in French. Not that I speak French, or even have any particular affection for the language. It sounds pretty when spoken aloud, but there are far too many letters. Granted, English has similar issues, but I'm used to it so the frustrating nonsense of the language doesn't bother me. I do like some French movies, such as Water Lilies.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.