One Kings Lane banner ad

Monday, March 24, 2014

Overcast Sunshine

grey and yellow San Francisco Victorian house

I saw this house in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood on Saturday. The paint looks very blue in my snapshot, but in reality it was much more grey. I enjoyed the unusual contrast provided by lemony butter yellow. Color palettes that are odd but still pleasantly soothing give me a deep sense of aesthetic satisfaction. However, I would be hard-pressed to explain what makes me react that way to some juxtapositions at the exclusion of others. Regardless, I am not alone in loving this one:



// $25 pillow //



// $29 print //

2 comments :

  1. My immediate reaction to the dogpatch house is a sucker-punch to the gut. What on earth did you do? I suppose it's all okay since it's outside, but I imagine inside they've painted wainscotting, coffered ceilings, molding, and floors. ~shudders~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahaha, I'd love to get a look at the interior!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.