One Kings Lane banner ad

Friday, March 21, 2014

Tea Wishlist: Six Tastes

A warm, fragrant mug of tea is a big part of a happy morning for me. It is a sensory delight and a comforting ritual. But I don't need to drink the same blend consistently, and in fact I don't want to. After all, isn't variety the spice of life? Literally speaking. Currently my cup is full of peach black, and yesterday it was "Super Irish Breakfast". Despite our overflowing tea bin, there are more flavors I want to try:



I am always in search of a good spicy chai, and I would like to test this fair-trade Frontier version. Throat Coat hasn't had a chance to work its magic on me since a singing class in middle school, so I'm eager give it another go.



I've enjoyed rose gelato, but never tried rose tea. (Rose hips are a different story: I brew some of those every season). "Citrus Breakfast" also sounds yummy.



I'm a sucker for a sampler, especially when the company has such a cute name! (Speaking of names, I was tempted to put "French Verveine" on the list purely because the phrase is so beautiful.) I'm also curious about the flavor of roasted dandelion root.

This post was written while half-listening to a KQED Forum segment that addressed anti-government protests in Venezuela. It is always odd to hear the eminently mellifluous Michael Krasny discuss controversy and violence. Perhaps he makes a habit of sipping Throat Coat.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.