One Kings Lane banner ad

Friday, March 7, 2014

Plongeur Du Jour



// via EverythingCroton //

Working for an environmental company geared toward watershed conservation has drawn my attention to how much water I use personally. For example, I run the shower until it warms up, and that water goes straight back down the drain. I could be saving it in a bucket, for the garden or the rabbits, or even to cook with, but so far I've been too lazy and lacking in forethought. I do feel guilty, though. I guess that's the first step.

California is currently suffering from a drought, so saving water is the issue of the moment. My family's dishwasher decided, "Hey, this would be the perfect time to stop working!" Inconvenient, and it also means that a whole lot more water is running through our kitchen. We're not set up to wash by hand. (Regardless, hand-washers don't equal machines' efficiency.)

I am grateful that Josephine Cochrane invented the mechanical dishwasher in the 1880s, and I'll be glad when our new one is installed.






2 comments :

  1. Feeling guilty really is the first step.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. It's galvanized me to change other things about my life.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.