One Kings Lane banner ad

Friday, June 20, 2014

Trader Joe's Lavender Salt Scrub Review

Trader Joe's Lavender Salt Scrub

A couple of months ago my mom bought me Trader Joe's Lavender Salt Scrub as a treat, because she is a sweetheart. Immediately I thought, "Yay, I can post a review!" This is your brain on blogging. I waited until now so I could get to know the product.

20-ounce tubs are available for $14.69 on Amazon (shipping included) but apparently they cost roughly $5 in a Trader Joe's store. (My mom didn't remember the price; I had to trust random online sources.) You can also find the scrub on eBay, which seems weird to me but whatever. If you would prefer a more hippie-friendly option, consider $24 "Double Love Body Scrub with Himalayan Salt & Organic Lavender Essential Oils", which I have been wanting to try since last summer. I mean, come on, it's pink! But back to the Trader Joe's version...

Terrible packaging. No matter how hard you press, the plastic lid will not click shut. Although it stays down most of the time, moisture is never sealed out. Definitely a flaw for a product that sits next to the bathtub. Luckily, the scrub itself is pretty awesome! It smells lovely and has many uses. The salt is too rough to use on your face, but just right for body exfoliation, assuming that you want to moisturize and exfoliate at the same time, because the oil makes that happen. This is a very oily product in general (ingredients list here), and the tub will get slick, so be careful! I like to use the scrub on my feet, which are very rough and need more TLC than I give them. (I bet you're glad to know that about my feet.) I also enjoy dropping a scoop or two into a hot bath--the scent experience is luxurious, and my skin feels uber-soft when I get out.

Okay, that's all I have to say. You are now informed.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.