One Kings Lane banner ad

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Crumpled



$432 origami-inspired lamp that looks much bigger than it is. Observe how the glow shrinks in context:



There is also a $357 version with black legs:



And one that will stand up for $652:



"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine." It sounds like the light won't shine without a concerted effort to let it. The natural state of one's light is to be switched off.

The only writing advice that really matters is to just sit down and do it. That's the difficult part. There's a quote, attributed to various people in various forms, but mostly Dorothy Parker, that goes, "I hate to write. I love having written." There's no joy in forcing words out of my fingers. The satisfaction comes when I read them afterwards and judge them to be good. Even then, I like the idea of self-expression more than anything else.

1 comment :

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.