One Kings Lane banner ad

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Night Mugs



It's too late for this. I stopped drinking caffeine for the day almost twelve hours ago, but here I am wanting to pour coffee into $22 worth of vintage German cups. I would spill some on the saucers, just so they could have a use. My eyes are heavy and big, the way they get when I've spent too much time online. I have ten Etsy tabs open, literally. Ben Folds is singing through my unimpressive computer speakers in another one.



$90 set of white mugs, perfect for a diner:

4 comments :

  1. I read the bottom of the cup as 'Star Ships' I like that better. I wonder when these were made. They're vintage marked Made in Germany, but not designated East or West. Are they pre-Wall?

    A curious thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, that's a good question. You ask good questions about vintage that don't even pop into my head. I tried to look up the pattern but all I got was a bunch of Etsy listings.

      Delete
    2. Incidentally, I learned that a lot of companies in East Germany were marking things 'Made in Germany' up until the mid-to-late 1960s because other nations wouldn't recognize their legitimacy. Interesting stuff.

      Delete
    3. That makes sense, but it muddies up identification.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.