One Kings Lane banner ad

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Cotton Pictures For Wet Hands



This organic screen-printed dish towel reminds me of my favorite fish-care blog, By the Koi Pond. (Incidentally, I only follow one fish-care blog.) I don't own fish and am not particularly interested in them, River Monsters aside, but I love learning various tidbits and tearjerkers about chubby goldfish are gonna get me hooked (pun intended, because I am a bad person).



That's the adorable Mr. Waddles, who was rescued from a bad home. Here's another cool thing: "Koi are renowned for their longevity. The average lifespan of a properly cared for koi is between 20 and 35 years, but there have been some special cases that long surpassed that average. In a small, creek-fed pond in Gifu, Japan there were six fish that far surpassed that average. Hanako, a scarlet koi, was the oldest of the lot. She was hatched in 1751. To put that in historical perspective she hatched 25 years before the Declaration of Independence was signed. […] Unfortunately Hanako is no longer alive today. She died July 17, 1977 and was 226 when she died."



Oh, Little Rabbit is the shop that sells those fishy towels. They offer more cute designs:

2 comments :

  1. I've seen Oh Little Rabbit's etsy shop before, everything is lovely. Etsy can be sensory overload, but they are memorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I open so many tabs when I'm surfing Etsy.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.