One Kings Lane banner ad

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Petit Four Princess



Apparently there are some incredibly glam people who store their glitzy jewelry on vintage cake stands. If you are ultra-fancy like that, The Vintage Cake Stand is an aptly-named shop that offers what you're looking for. The curator doesn't actually limit herself to cake stands, which is a lucky break for tea-lovers who admire Marie Antoinette's aesthetic. It's all about the sweet florals and gold leaf. I definitely dig it.



Two additional favorites: "Pearlescent Royal Crest Teacup" and "Lovely Daisy 4 Person Tea Set" (both on sale). If your taste is more retro than Victorian-esque, e.g. you miss the '70s, then there's something for you as well:



And for the little ones (or, ahem, me):



Someone go buy me an alphabet mug.

2 comments :

  1. I remember the alphavet plate I had as a kid. It was a Peter Rabbit one! :-)

    I think I'd prefer to store my jewellery on the antique florals, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have a Peter Rabbit cup! I had no idea that storing jewelry on cake stands was something people did. Maybe I'll have to try it out.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.