One Kings Lane banner ad

Monday, February 10, 2014

Pillow Talk

Bed

// DominO //

My pillow smells like me. My sleepy hair pushed across it, warm breath from an open mouth, yesterday's perfume. Some nights I sweat into my bed and wake up feeling cooked.

Pillow

// Troy //

I like curling into his sheets because they smell like him. I can almost detect the weight and shape of his body based solely on scent. I find it fragrant, I guess because our pheromones match. He used to cup my body with his limbs, and I'd have to roll away, too hot to sleep with our combined temperatures.




My favorite was making him coffee in the morning, once I got the hang of his contraption for it. I hated the coffee itself--too strong, I was too little, I wasn't bitter--but it smelled nice and I liked offering him a wake-up mug. He had to go to work and I had to go home. Same train station, same goodbye, same full feeling. I know I love someone when routines make me tender.

Morning Coffee


Newness doesn't hold as much appeal as familiarity. I like flowing in the same patterns, water circling in a groove that leads it home.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.